May 25, 2024

Newcastle United transfers: New rumors have emerged over Bruno Guimaraes’ future.
Manchester City have reportedly launched an approach for Newcastle United midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.

Guimaraes has sparked much interest due to his strong showing for Newcastle since his £40 million transfer from Lyon in January 2022. Earlier this season, the Brazilian signed a new contract that lasts until June 2028 and has a £100 million release clause.

According to transfer specialist Ben Jacobs, Manchester City has approached Guimaraes’ camp in search of midfield reinforcements. While Newcastle intends to keep Guimaraes, the article says that a’verbal agreement’ is in place, allowing the midfielder to negotiate with any Champions League club ready to pay more than £80 million.

A bid in excess of £100 million would render the club powerless to intervene, albeit it has been stated that the release clause can only be invoked by clubs outside the Premier League.

 

Liverpool chasing star Newcastle midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, Chelsea close  on Messinho – Paper Round - Eurosport

 

Guimaraes has previously spoken with Real Madrid in the summer of 2022, and Paris Saint-Germain is said to be interested. Fortunately for Newcastle, the chat did not go any further, as he has subsequently confirmed his loyalty to the club and signed a new contract.

While Newcastle aim to keep quality players like Guimaraes, chief executive Darren Eales said in January that every player ‘has a price’ as the club works to meet the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules.

Newcastle will need to sell players this summer in order to comply with PSR while also bringing in new players. Guimaraes is one of Newcastle’s most important assets, along with top scorer Alexander Isak, and the club hopes to maintain both.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *