April 13, 2024

Eddie Howe, Newcastle United’s manager, is in danger of losing his job after supervising a disappointing season at St James’ Park.
Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has a ’50/50′ chance of staying at St James’ Park next season, according to journalist Dean Jones, who claims outgoing Bournemouth technical director Richard Hughes has dealt him ‘another blow’ ahead of a potentially season-defining FA Cup clash this weekend.

Although the Magpies qualified for the Champions League for the first time since the 2002/03 season by finishing in the Premier League’s top four, they were eliminated from the competition before the turn of the year after finishing last in a group that included Borussia Dortmund, Paris Saint-Germain, and AC Milan.

Newcastle have suffered as many defeats as victories in the top flight this season, with a 3-2 loss at Chelsea earlier this week being the most recent setback, and Howe’s final chance to end the Tyneside giants’ lengthy trophy drought before next season will only remain alive if they defeat Manchester City on Saturday.

Howe Retaining Support of Public Investment Fund

According to the Telegraph, Howe is set to stay in charge of Newcastle regardless of whether he achieves European qualification, as he has earned the trust of the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund after previously demonstrating his ability to lead the club to the Champions League.

According to the report, the key decision-makers behind the scenes, whose roles changed significantly when a £305 million takeover was completed in October 2021, are confident that the former Bournemouth manager is still the right man to lead their long-term project and sympathize with the club’s ongoing injury crisis.

However, it has surfaced that Newcastle would interview Sporting head coach Ruben Amorim if they alter their minds in the summer, having grown concerned about recent results and performances, and statistics show that the Portuguese strategist has a higher points-per-game ratio than Howe.

Newcastle are also interested in Julian Nagelsmann, who works for the same agency as central defender Fabian Schar and is set to leave his role as Germany’s head coach at the end of Euro 2024, though the former Bayern Munich manager has yet to make a final decision on his return to club management.

However, noted reporter Ben Jacobs recently told GIVEMESPORT that it would not be surprising if the Public Investment Fund remained loyal to Howe, given they are already going through a challenging period behind the scenes as Dan Ashworth pursues a move to Premier League rivals Manchester United.

Newcastle put their sporting director on gardening leave after he told the leadership that he wants to take on a new challenge at Old Trafford, following an approach from the Red Devils, but the Magpies are standing firm and demanding a large compensation pay.

Dean Jones – FA Cup Clash with Man City May Hold Key to Howe’s Future

Dean Jones - Transfer Reporter for TeamTalk - Planet Sport | LinkedIn

 

Jones believes that being knocked from the FA Cup in the quarter-finals, when Newcastle go to Manchester City this weekend, will be critical in determining Howe’s destiny for next season, since he already has an uncertain future after managing an unsuccessful campaign.

Although the reputable journalist is confident that the 46-year-old tactician increased expectations by qualifying for the Champions League last season, he believes that the Magpies boss has suffered another setback in his bid to keep his job, as long-time ally Hughes has chosen to join Liverpool rather than replace Ashworth as sporting director.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *